As part of the May Measurement Month campaign, the International Society of Hypertension is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. Here, we tell you how we will use the personal information you send us.
WHY DO WE NEED YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
May Measurement Month and the International Society of Hypertension uses data from a variety of sources to give you the best possible user experience. So that you can feel comfortable using the MMM App it is important that you understand what personal information we can access and collect about you and what we do with that information.
By visiting the site or downloading the app, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
WHO COLLECTS THE DATA?
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the ‘Act’), the data controller, who collects and manages the data, is the Conference Collective Ltd on behalf of the International Society of Hypertension and the May Measurement Month campaign.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT FROM YOU?
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us
You may give us information about you by:
- filling in forms on the site (for example, to create an account or personal profile);
- submitting information via the app (including the use of our communications feature from public messaging boards to private messages); or
- by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you:
- register to use the app and/or site;
- subscribe to our service;
- enter a survey; and
- report a problem with the app and/or site.
The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph.
Information we collect about you
When you visit our site or the app we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) any phone number used to call our customer service number; and
- Information about your location (if you give us permission to do so). You can enable or disable location services at any time through your mobile device settings.
- Cookies and automated information collection
INFORMATION ON CHILDREN
Neither our site nor our app are directed to children under the age of 18. None of our services are available to children. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children. If you are a parent or guardian and become aware that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us, and we will delete the relevant information from our servers.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
Information we collect about you will be used by us:
- to administer our site and app for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site and app to make sure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service when you choose to do so; as part of our efforts to keep our site and app safe and secure;
to measure or understand the effectiveness of the survey you are participating ;
In the case of location services information,
- to provide various automated entry features through the site and/or the app. If you have not enabled location and altitude services, some of these features will not be available.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with any member of the MMM campaign group and the International Society of Hypertension, MMM partners and their subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you (e.g. credit card agencies).
We may disclose your personal information to third parties in the following circumstances:
WHERE DO WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS?
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting us at to be determined.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act.
DELETING YOUR ACCOUNT
If you no longer want us to use your information, you will need to email email@example.com the subject line ‘DELETE MY ACCOUNT’. This email must include your first name, last name, emailaddress and/or the relevant username and ID code for the social network which you use to access the app and/or the site. We will respond to your request within thirty days. Please note that certain records such as those concerning customer services matters will be retained for a reasonable period in case any legal disputes arise in the future. It may not be possible to delete all posts or comments which you have made using the app.
This policy was last updated on the 19 March 2018. Thank you for using the MMM website and app.